The guide created to explain everything about the top APS-C camera from Canon is out now. Discover everything you need to know to master this Baby EOS-1D X, the EOS 7D Mark II. Over 400 pages of information and illustrations.
Canon 7D Mark II Experience - The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation is an e book user's guide that goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of this powerful, versatile, and highly customizable camera. Most importantly, it explains not only how but also when and why to use the essential and advanced features, settings, and controls in your photography.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive manner of all Full Stop guides, Canon 7D Mark II Experience will help you learn to use your EOS 7D Mk II quickly and competently, to consistently create the types of images you want to capture.
Canon 7D Mark II Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Canon 7D Mk II, but also explains when and why to use them for your photography. The guide focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus, settings, and options to get you up and running with HD video. Sections include:
Setting Up Your EOS 7D Mark II - Explanations of all of the Canon 7D Mk II Custom Function settings and Menu options, with recommended settings for practical, everyday use. These settings are a significant part of what makes the 7D Mark II such a powerful and versatile camera. Set up and customize the advanced features to work best for the way you photograph.
- Camera Controls - Description of all of the camera's controls, how to customize them for your needs, and when and why to use them.
- Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) Modes - How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes - How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects, including explanations of the powerful AF Configuration Cases for moving subjects. Also how and when to use focus lock and back-button focusing.
- Exposure Metering Modes - How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation. Also how to make use of exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance - Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations or for capturing a range of exposures to combine into HDR images.
- The Image Taking Process - Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls you just learned to take still and action photos.
- Multiple Exposure, HDR, and Interval Timer Shooting - Explanations of these 7DII features.
- Introduction to Video Settings - Explanations of the menus, settings, and options to get you started.
- GPS - Introduction to the set-up and use of the camera's built-in GPS, to geotag and map your photos.
- Composition - Brief tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- Lenses - Explanation of Canon lenses and choosing your next lens.
- Photography Accessories - The most useful accessories for day-to-day and travel photography including those specific to the 7D Mark II, plus recommended photography books.
This digital guide to the Canon 7D Mark II is a 409 page illustrated e-book that goes beyond the 7D Mark II manual to explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the 7D Mark II to help you get out there shooting in the real world.